Options

passed Security+, short review

familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

my first post ist about saying thanks to this great forum and also Darril, showing me the right way, preparation and everything to pass this exam.
I only used Darrils book, also searching through the internet for detailed information about certain topics.
So, as a quick review to this exam and maybe to support others looking forward to take this trip:
Some of the exam questions confused me, maybe because not being a native English speaking guy (as you already realised for sure :))....
Other questions I could only answer through a process of elimination (maybe that is what they want us to do).
And yet others have not been discussed in Darril´s book (maybe just one or two). Please don´t get this down the wrong pipe, the "Get Certified Guide" is such a great book, maybe there are just some things I can even not rememeber icon_wink.gif. Such questions I could handle with my real life experience as an network technician or just by guessing. Also lab environment was fair...however, I passed and everything is fine.
Just wanted you to share my experience...there will be some beers tonight :)

Comments

• Options
    BaackBaack Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrads on your pass

Comptia test confuse me also and I speak native English
  • Options
    Okay, I think I have to emphasize that I was confused because I didn´t get the clue of some questions...no matter how often I read them. And I think this results from sometimes not understanding some of the terms and expressions.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass. Glad to hear the forums and the book helped you.

A lot of English speaking people have mentioned that they often couldn't figure out what a CompTIA question was trying to ask, even after reading the question a few times.

Good luck with your next adventure.
  • Options
    dacetodaceto Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree 100% that some questions simply made no sense. It was almost like they had some non english speaker write the test for them. I think I got some wrong simply because it was confusing. I even said out loud at one point "what they heck are they asking".

Congrats. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    OmniManOmniMan Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are the questions similar to those in Darril's book?
  • Options
    Yes, they are. I think a bit more difficult in the exam, but this maybe comes together with the more stressfull Situation during a exam. Darril´s are more straightforward and not so confusing :).
  • Options
    Thomas ElliotThomas Elliot Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations to you. The English issue is a new one for me. A colleague of mine immigrated from South America originally took the test in Spanish and he failed because he said the Spanish they used was horrible. Re-took it in English and he was fine.
  • Options
    Thanks so much.I did not try in German either, as you said the translations are often horrible.I took all exams in English up to now.One day maybe want to take the CISSP, I don´t know if there is even a German version...but the English one will be hard for me I think.
  • Options
    biker_dudebiker_dude Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!