Two locations

kalrithkalrith Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys maybe I can get some advice.

I currently have two locations with around 10 users at each location that we keep on total seperate networks. Each one has their own file server and their own DHCP and DNS. Our ISP hosts our domain/email. We are in the process of looking for a new inventory management software and the question has came up about putting the new software on a single server at one location and hosting everything from that location.

We currently have T1 lines at each location to our ISP.

Trying to get some ideas on how to do this. I assume our t1 would not handle 10 users logging in from Site B to Site A?

Would you recommend an ASA doing persistent site-to-site vpn?

Terminal Services?

What other options?

Comments

• it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    I would put the application in the ISP's datacenter and connect your sites together via MPLS or whatever. That way one of your links isn't getting hammered anymore than the other and if you ever backup to cloud you are only 1 hop away from a peering link.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    10 terminal server users over a T1 should be fine unless something else uses up a lot of bandwidth. To provide redundancy, maybe a vpn using ASAs over broadband and then a second VPN over your Ts incase one of the other links goes down.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete