Options

need help on 2k certificate

gibbsygibbsy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
ok

My boss has found out i didnt ever sit anything over than my 2k pro exam once i was mcse nt4 certified. However rather than listening to me and just going for the 2k3 cert he wants me to sit the remainding 2k exams.

So i am duly doing so and i have agreed to be up to date by December.

Anybody got any useful braindumps or stuff so i can bang these exams out in double quick time?

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Anybody got any useful braindumps or stuff so i can bang these exams out in double quick time?

You're posting in the wrong forum, my friend.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    gibbsy,

This site was developed for the specific purpose of those puruing certifications to share their experiences and to get answers to difficulties that they are encountering in their studies. The moderators of this site, and the participating members maintain the policy of declaring braindumps out of bounds--completely off-limits. Those who supply them are dishonest and should be in jail because they steal intellectual property, those who use them to obtain certification are cheating and if caught doing it should never be allowed to be certified and any certifications they have should be taken from them, and they generally are bogus because those who steal the questions have no idea what the real answers are and, consequently, many of the questions supply wrong answers, so the user/buyer guts stung real bad. That, I believe is the true spirit of TechExams.

You are probably going to get more posts on this subject which are not as charitable as mine.

Now, concerning "stuff". It's generally agreed that for M$ exams, you need a couple of PCs for a home lab setup to follow along with studies. Microsoft Press, Sybex, ExamCram, etc study guides are recommended for study. The exam guides for the W2k track are pretty reasonable now because of the coming of W2k3. Also, among stuff, are legitimate practice exams. You find them at Transcender, Boson, Preplogic, MeasureUp and other places. Also free ones, written by site owners and not stolen from exams are available here at TechExams and some more at mcmcse.com and there are others that can be found by doing a "Google" search.

Wish you the best of luck as you pursue an honest path.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    gibbsygibbsy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    current home setup is two windows 2000 server's both dell poweredge 2600's, both dual cpu.

in one i have veritas backup to an sdlt.

i than have a further 4 machines running off either wireless using wpa2 or cat5 that is throughout my house.

The o/s on the other machines are a mix of 2kpro and xp pro.

i currently have dfs running as well as three webistes on one machine being referenced by linking different ip addresses. This is all behind checkpoint NG running on Nokia os.

Current work setup 4 sites running win2k approx 590 users adminstered from one location via AD. I then support 470 customers sites on technology randing from NT4 to 2k3.

My knowledge isnt a problem until i sit microsoft exams written to be passed by those that can read microsoft material and not passed by those who have learnt the plus's as minus's of the os through real life trial and error.

I do not condone braindumps what so ever, two of my staff where ejected from my team for both passing exams CCNA CCSP by using braindumps.

I am after material that will help me understand the idiocyncrasies that microsoft uses for its exam culture, From my NT4 days i remember that some server questions had ansers that didnt actually fulfill the requirements when in the real world.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I do not condone braindumps what so ever

icon_scratch.gif

Anyway. If you have that much knowledge and feel as though you just need to see the "format" of MS exams, buy yourself a set of practice exams, see how you do, and go sit the exams. I've never used them personally, but I hear Trancenders follow the exam format fairly accurately.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    ??Now that that's settled..............uhhh??

I agree with /usr. I've used transcenders and they run close to the M$ format. I've also used MeasureUp and they too are a good approximation of the M$ format. But, I feel that these practice exams are a just bit more difficult than the real thing. IMHO of course.

BTW, to me that's an impressive layout.

Again, Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    gibbsy wrote:

icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

Just sit for one with the vast knowledge you have and you'll soon see the general format. Certainly, if you have the knowledge you state you have in your next post you will have no trouble at all.

Otherwise, try the transcenders product as /usr suggested. I've never used them either, but have heard ok things about them.

Check out Microsoft.com for their test prep, test suggestions. If you dig around you can find some helpful things.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?