Options

Newbie Help here

LostMyMarblesLostMyMarbles Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello gals/guys, I stumbled upon this gem while researching what certification path I should take. I just graduated from a technical school and learned so much. I found my forte and that is server, AD, Exchange and everything else hehe. I just need some advice on what I should study for first. MSCA 640 or MSCA 680? Not too sure where to go from there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Microsoft cert path is a little bit confusing..

Marina

Comments

• Options
    JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    Look at your local job market. However most entry level IT jobs consist of help desk support and in that case I would do the 70-680 and 685 or 686. I am currently doing the 680 and plan on doing the 686 after this one. My best friend works for Duke Energy doing AD for the Progress merger and has spoken to his recruiter about me and he has recommended that cert as an entry level cert. Also my friend told me without experience it would be almost impossible to acquire a job role as a network admin, which is my goal. Good luck and hope this helps with your decision
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ITMonkeyITMonkey Member Posts: 200
    I agree with @JayBlisk, but on a personal level I believe you ought to follow what you love and have a talent for. You wrote this was servers. So the 640 -- more more likely the new Server 2012 series -- ought to be your starting point, imho.