About to sit the Firewall exam

viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm about to sit the Firewall exam. Any last minute advice\pointers?
CCNP Security - DONE!
CCNP R&S - In Progress...
CCIE Security - Future...

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Relax and read the questions! At this point you either know it or you don't. Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Yep, just be calm and tackle each question. Good luck!

I sat for the exam last month. I found it pretty straight forward.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    so how did it go?

c'mon big money...no wammy........
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Maced129 wrote: »
    so how did it go?

c'mon big money...no wammy........

What I meant to say was that I'm going to take the Firewall exam soon. I have not taken it yet, I have no time to go into the City to take it (NYC). Busy with work and 9 month old.

I will be going soon. I have to take time off work to take the test and I can't, too busy.

I was just wanting advise. I've read the entire Cisco OCG Firewall book now re-reviewing book on NAT 8.4 and MPF. Watched the CBT Nuggets about 100x. I've also installed 150+ ASA firewalls in my previous job. I just HATE taking these Cisco test.

Sorry about the wrong thread title...lol...
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Let us know how it goes and best of luck!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ahh lol. Well yea, like SteveO86 said, the test is pretty straight forward. I got hit with about 5 questions on a topic I skipped in the OCG because I thought it was a weak topic and I knew it well. I probably can't say because of the NDA but if you read most of the OCG you should be fine, especially since you've installed plenty of them in your past.

The cbtnugget vids were great, compared to the other cbt vids i had for FIREWALL those were the best, they did miss a few topics though like QoS (or at least I didn't see it).

Best of luck.
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't remember having anything that wasn't in the OCG, but I also typically read the offical documentation from cisco.com. Pay attention to key topics in OCG. If you come across something new put it to use somehow so your brain decides to spend the energy to remember it.