Options

Can CCNA help me?

bwillfordbwillford Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I am just a couple weeks out from taking my CCNA and feel pretty confident with how I have studied but still kind of lost as to how/if the CCNA will help me in my current role. I work as a System Administrator for a company with 5 locations, 2 of them have around 30 users and the other 3 are 1-2 people. Right now the 2 locations with 30 users are on stand alone networks and are not connected at all. The 3 other small offices just RDP into one of our main locations.

I originally started my CCNA studies in hopes to connect all locations together on one network but even after all my CCNA studies I am still lost on how I can complete this. I understand the theory of routing and all the commands to set it up but still no idea how to implement it in a live environment. For example at our two large locations we have bonded t1's that come in on our ISP's Cisco IAD 2400 that we have no access to, should I replace this with our own device to give me more control? Do I put a router on our side of the IAD?

I guess I am just a little disappointed that while I understand everything on the CCNA I still am lost on how to implement those technologies in the real world.

Comments