Options

Bootable USB (Reformat Option) While Retaining License

Santa_Santa_ Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am not listing a how to, but I'd like to know how to. icon_confused.gif:

My previous employer provided me with a bootable USB flash drive that contained Hirens UBCD and additionally a Windows 7 Installation. This path was integrated at the main Hirens UBCD menu when you first do the initial boot.

When I selected the Windows 7 Installation path, it would redirect me to what you would see if you had a disc in the drive - but it gave me different versions of Windows 7. From Starter all the way to Enterprise, both 32-bit and 64-bit.

Now for example if the machine originally came with Windows 7 Pro 32/64-bit and you selected the correct version it would retain the original license code that came with the machine. Next you can select to format and/or delete any partitions. Next it would start the installation of Windows 7.

So I assume it read off from the ROM for this license. After installation it would prompt you through the configuration (New Setup) as it was just purchased out of the box.

The only thing that was required was to reinstall any drivers, but Windows saw the OS as a Genuine OS since it extracted and used the same OEM license.

My question is not how to create a USB bootable Windows 7 , but how to do it with it attaining the license key and provide me the different versions of Windows 7.

Or at least attain the license key in that matter..

Thank you!
Best regards,
Santa

Comments