Options

Thinking about scheduling CVOICE in a couple weeks.

So I passed my CCNA Voice about a month ago with relative ease and went straight into studying for the first CCNP Voice exam. I've read the entire 642-437 Cisco Press book by Kevin Wallace and am almost finished with the CBT Nuggets series for this exam.

Is six weeks enough time to prepare for this test to those who have taken it? I feel like I have a good grasp on the material. The only thing that worries me is I have no real world experience with CME or gateways so I am relying on just my reading and typing commands in sims to get familiar with configs in those areas. The environment I support at work is full CUCM with SIP Trunks to the Telco.

Comments

• Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I can't tell you how ready you will be. Gatekeepers and cube can break you if you haven't practiced them throughly. Also QOS is tested as well. Most people I tell them to purchase the gateway gatekeepers book to use for the Cvoie exam. Some words have changed IP to IP gateway is now CUBE, but other than that most of the material is good for the exam.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    rchaserchase Member Posts: 126
    Yeah I would say read the Sybex book also, CVOICE is so much material. I spent two months on it. Also I watched KWallace's videos:
    http://www.1examamonth.com/cvoice

Of course, you could just schedule the exam and take it. That would answer your question. The good news is there isnt any failing, it just increases the cost of your CCNP Voice ;)
  • Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    Thanks guys. I scheduled it for next Thursday so we'll see how it goes. Going to finish out the CBT Nuggets and go through the Cisco Press book again over the next week. It definitely is a lot of material in one test. The QoS I am already familiar with so not spending much time there.

I don't have to pay anything out of my pocket to take Cisco exams so the cost really isn't a factor. I just want to be prepared when I sit for it. Hopefully next Thursday I'll be posting a Passed CVOICE thread. I'm really anxious to get to CIPT1/2 and CAPPS because that's where I have real world experience.