Options

CISCO PRIME sotfware

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Any one use it for wireless managment? thoughts?

I have the opportunity to buy a Cisco wireless solution to replace an aging Juniper/Trapeze one. but I have not used there PRIME software before. I am going to end up managing some buildings with 100+ AP's each, The buildings are built like faraday cages so putting wireless in is a right pain, and will mean high density of AP so I want a management software that can support it.

Unfortunately due to time frames and other factors I either go CISCO now or wait maybe a year or so to look at other vendors, so does any one have a strong reason why PRIME is no go for this? I know there are arguable better wireless vendors around and if I had the time I would look in to them, however this is a leave it or take it opportunity. From past experience the wireless devices them self where good, its the mangment software I am curious about.

Cheers
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We recently upgraded from NCS Prime to Prime Infrastructure. It's pretty much the same thing in my opinion. Just different layout but if you're used to NCS Prime, then you can always go back to the old theme. I am new to the wireless scene so I can't comment much. What my colleague is pushing to Cisco is make it more like Meraki dashboard but with feature set of CPI. He likes AirWave better but Cisco likes to take care of us and besides we don't have much money to spend anyway. Just FYI, we manage about 30+ WLCs and 8K+ APs with 25K+ clients the latter part of 2012. Right now, we have about 15K+ clients.