Options

Advice on landing an entry level IT job

timesvan32timesvan32 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I'm still a senior in high school and I'm looking to beef up my IT career. I have worked as a Field Service Technician Intern last summer for 3 months, and gained invaluable experience. Now that I've earned some certs, I'm looking to enter the entry level of IT, but I'm having a hard time because of lack of experience and schooling. I'm looking more towards Help Desk or something similar. My customer service skills are decent, but not extraordinary of that sort.

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Create a resume and posted it on Indeed, Monster, etc. Find a recruiter you have a good relationship with and have them put you in for jobs. They can sell you to the company and then you will have to close the deal with the interview.

You have enough certifications to land a service desk job.
  • Options
    MAPLMAPL Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Man, I wish I entered the field at your age. I wasted so many years during college working a warehouse job since I never really put too much thought on the career I wanted to pursue. Congrats on already knowing what you want to do at such a young age and showing dedication by obtaining a couple of certs. Keep at it and you'll have a very stable career in your mid-20's.

That said, you have an adequate amount of qualifications to easily obtain a desktop support/help desk job. That 3-month intern experience will truly help a lot. Like N2IT said, just construct a resume and start applying to entry-level positions on indeed, craigslist, etc. Do you plan on going to college? If that's the case, look into applying for a part-time help desk position at your school. It is a lot easier to get a job at a college you attend, plus they will gladly work around your school schedule.

Best of luck in the future!