Options

Is Anybody Else Crunching For A Test before the 31st.

seven5sevencompseven5sevencomp Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is Anybody Else Crunching For A Test, before the Second shot ends on the 31st?

I am currently trying to crunch real hard for 70-291 before the end of the month so I can take advantage of the free retake. I’m currently going through the CBT nuggets and trying to hit the Syngress book while working with my mini lab. Can anybody recommend a good practice test for this exam? Transcender, Preplogic, UCertify?

I know this is a very hard exam, but even if I fail I still have until September 30 to retake it. Which will give me almost 4 more weeks to study. I was wondering if anybody else is on the same course of action?
When confronted with a knock at the door, a stupid man will complain about all the noise, a normal man will answer it, a smart man will look through the peephole and the wise man won't hear it because he's having sex.

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I can take that 291 before the 31st for free, but I don't want to. Good Luck.
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Yeah, I have 215 on the 26th. I have been trying to cram, but I haven't been getting home from work until 7 or 8pm sometimes, so it's a bit difficult. Plus, one of my lab Pcs just died, so that's no help. That's why I did the sceond shot.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    ronorono Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck!

Be sure,you know DNS ,DHCP ,and RRAS like your own pocket before sitting this test.

Regarding tests I'm not able to recommend you something...I took this test in March just after Microsoft released the simulation questions icon_lol.gif and in that time,I used Transcender which did not help so much,I remember.In the meanwhile Transcender has updated this test and introduced simulation question...so,is you choice.

Another thing about Transcender is that they have included in their test explanation for each question and those really helps;they are detailed and gives you a better understanding of any aspect you might have problems with...You will see if you choose Transcender. icon_wink.gif

I recommend you to rely mostly, on practice a lot in your lab....watch the videos from CBT Nuggets(personally,they are the best!) and try to poke arround with DNS.I remember that DNS was a nightmare and didn 't let me sleep night before test.I failed first time after ...arround 2 months of study and then passed 2nd time ,with a high score :P after another 2 months of study ...So ,remember DNS,DNS and DNS again!and Do Not forget about the others :DHCP,RRAS and so on...

I hope it helps and wish you GOOD LUCK!
    Mess with the best,Die like the rest!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Going to do 70-290 free retake before end of September.
    Had to take it before the end of July because my voucher was going to expire, so I did, and extended my voucher value by 2 months.

Too, I'm like Ricka182, I'm working more hours and training for a new position now, and am short on time. Also, like garv221 ".....but I don't want to." I've been studying materials for various M$ exams now for almost 2 years!

Anyway, good luck to you, seven5sevencomp!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki