Options

CompTIA Cloud Essentials IS It worth the money ?

tigermantigerman Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I been debating if CompTIA Cloud Essentials is worth my time and money, the exam cost $190 but with a discount voucher you could probably get for $160. But even at this price I question its value. While it would show I understand all the basic of Cloud computing, with a basic foundation of installing a private cloud. The material seems to be to basic and way too easy to really be worth much. But then again Cloud computing seem to be the talk on everyone tongue. Not sure IF will really help or not. What you Think?

Comments

• Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    While its too early to jump in the Cloud Bandwagon, it does not hurt to know the basics of Cloud. It may come in handy at a later stage, its at least better than Exin Cloud which is really basic. Sadly there are some decent Cloud Certifications from a company called Art of Service which are, in my opinion much more suited for Cloud which have not taken off so far.
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would save your money as this one is VERY basic. Perhaps try another vendor or wait for Cloud+.
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    I don't think it's worth anything. It's not like any company who wants to implement a private cloud would choose only among candidates with this certification. If you are really interested in virtualization and cloud, learn VMWare or Hyper-V instead.