Options

SecurityTube Linux Assembly Expert Initial Review

InfosecDudeInfosecDude Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Fellow Hackers,

I've been working on the SLAE course SecurityTube Linux Assembly Expert « SecurityTube Trainings for the past 48 hours as my GF is out of town, so I thought I'd begin by writing an initial review.

The course zip files includes the following:

1. Around 38 videos of SLAE with running time of around 9 hours
2. Around 13 videos of GNU debugger helper videos
3. PDF slides
4. Full code **** used for all the exercises

The SLAE videos are divided almost 50:50 into an Assembly Language Primer and Shellcoding.

The Assembly videos uses NASM on IA-32 (Ubuntu) and are really quite detailed. The first few videos are on basics of the language, virtual memory etc. He has covered most of the important instructions you need to get started with writing basic programs and with shellcoding.

The shellcoding part is where the fun begins - honestly, this is the first time the topic made sense to me. His pedantic style of teaching makes it easy to understand. The best thing I like about Vivek's videos is that he is not in a hurry to FINISH the course. He takes you step by step and teaches you how o write shellcode for exit, hello world, execve etc. Then he moves on to encoders and crypters. I found the encoder part really interesting.

Conclusion for now - if you are interested in getting started in low level stuff, this is the course to begin.

Will post more later this week if my GF allows me to work peacefully :)

Comments