Options

most hated job you have or had in IT

2»

Comments

• Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    All the jobs that I had in the past were fun or at least I try to make it. There was one particular job where the position was great but the boss was a pain to deal with and would micromanage everyone.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • Options
    biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Worst one I ever had was my first one out of the gate. I worked for a company in Fort Worth, Tx. that did extended warranty help desk for CompUsa and HSN. I went from being 30 days out of A+ training to the help desk lead after 6 weeks, if that tells you anything about the turnaround time, lol. I can remember coming in during the afternoon, I worked 2nd shift, and the queue times being close to or over 2 hours. I was there for about 9 months, and right before I left we started getting pretty regular calls about the HSN pc's showing up with all the components just stuffed into the towers, so we would have to walk the users through installing cpu, memory, hd, video cards, modems, etc on the motherboard. The company who sold the computers was named Proteva, and come to find out they were using mentally challenged people from the Indiana State schools to put them together before they shipped out to customers.
    I came to work one Monday and the doors were chained shut with a note from the IRS posted on the door, saying all the company assets had been seized due to tax evasion.