Options

To frame or not to frame your certificates, that is the question.

2»

Comments

• Options
    DigitalZeroOneDigitalZeroOne Member Posts: 234 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I take all of my certs and scan them, just so I can prove to a company that I have them (if they ask), and then I shred them. I use to frame them, but then I lost interest. I don't even have my degree in a frame, but I didn't shred it either, it just sits in a box.
  • Options
    dasmoothridedasmoothride Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dumb question, but should you hang expired certs as well?
  • Options
    Macpro76Macpro76 Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hang my certifications in my home office. You took the time to study and passed. Its a reminder of the hard work that leads to success. I have all my IT certifications, University Diploma in Architecture, and my Hospitality certs all on my wall.
    You shouldn't think you are bragging. They are your achievements, show them off, not for others...but for your self.
    [ ] PDI+, [ ] Cloud Essentials, /B] [B Project+
    [*
    ] CompTIA: A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Healthcare IT, Green IT
    /B]*[SIZE=2 MTA: Server, OS, Network, Security
    /SIZE]*[SIZE=2 Apple: ACSP v10.8, ACMT v10.8, Mac Integration v10.7 & v10.8 [/SIZE]

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tdadarwala/
  • Options
    GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    I don't hang any. If I have to hang all certs I have gotten in my IT life, my walls would be cluttered. For example, each exam one took toward MCITP/MCSE, itself, is an MCTS certification.
  • Options
    KoryKory Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hang it!

I busted my tail to get my CCNA and CWNA and I am proud of that. I don't go around pointing to them every time someone comes in my office, but I do have to walk by them every time I get to and from my desk, so they are a constant reminder of what I have done and what I hope to do. In particular for the last 6 months I looked at the CCNA and thought..."you can do more" and it kept me from straying from my CCNP studies (my reading interests tend to wander).

I won't hang every cert, just the highest in each track (for instance ccnp will replace the ccna).

celebrate your victories