Not graduated yet but..

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Alright so I finished my last class last week. I'm done with all of my courses but I didn't graduate yet and I don't have my physical degree. But my grade is in my unofficial transcript and my degree progress shows up as 100% with the letter grade in that system too.

Would it be alright to put on my resume that I completed university? Or should I just leave it as pending?
I was thinking about putting on there, "completed: pending graduation" but I wasn't sure.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Until I officially graduated I would just leave it as, "20xx - present".
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    First of all, congratulations! Where did you graduate from and what is your degree in?

If all you are waiting on is the formality of receiving your degree, it's probably OK to put it on there. It would probably be good to explain the situation during an interview. Keep in mind if you get an interview/offer before your degree is finalized and something falls through, you might have some explaining to do.

How long do you expect the finalization to take?
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    In absence of an actual physical degree or official transcripts, I'd still list 20xx-present. It sucks, I know... I finished all my course requirements for my degree at WGU just before Thanksgiving last year. The holiday weekend caused a severe backlog, and it was 2 weeks before my pass for my last exam posted, then another week before I got the notification that the records department had finalized everything, and that my degree/transcript was on the way.

I was in the offer phase for a job at the time, had accepted, and was doing all my pre-employment screening, and "education" was kind of sketchy. I explained to the HR rep at my new company that I had completed all my work, and was just waiting on official word. She advised me to put on my paperwork that it was still in progress, because if they called up the records department they would likely have me listed as a current student, rather than a graduate. Then, once I got my transcripts, I supplied my employer with a copy and everything was good.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!!!! I had sent my paperwork in for the graduation audit a while ago. I guess I'll have to check with the adviser to see if I'm good for everything. After I made this post, I was thinking that if I had tried to join the military, I would have to wait to turn in the paperwork because I would have to get my official transcripts from Davenport.

CarlSaiyed: Thanks! I'm going to graduate from Davenport University with a BS in Network Security. I don't know how long it'll take before everything is done. I guess I would have to wait until April. I have to put in my order for my graduation stuff next week.

jmritenour: I'm glad that everything worked out for you. It's crazy how the holiday just made everything slower. It does suck having to wait. I really wish that I could update my resume.

Now, I gotta talk to the lady from WGU about applying in a few days.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****