Anyone work for Siemens? Quick question.

kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
My company was just purchased by them, and I'm curious how much tuition reimbursement they offer for bachelor's degrees.
WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
Courses:
Done!!!

Comments

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A friend I haven't heard from in a while works for them. I'll reach out to him and ask when I'm back in town this weekend. No promises though, it's been a while. I know it's not much, but I'm really not sure if we have any Siemens employees here..we shall see!
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Most companies are usually around the $5500 range per year.

I just googled what you were looking for and this is what I found .."Siemens $5500 per year for Bachelor or Masters. Only one degree allowed."

source: List of jobs that offer TUITION REIMBURSEMENT , even to part time college age students
  • kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies guys. I checked the same link Yuck, but saw that it was circa 2007. I heard that their benefits have changed since then. If it's still the same, I'm really gonna miss the $7k for undergrad and 15k for graduate reimbursement my company currently offers.
    Courses:
    Done!!!
    For almost all the companies I have worked for, it was $5500 per year for a bachelors and if you were going to get a masters related to your current job title, then you could use the $5500 towards that. There was never a restriction of 7k for your bachelors and 15k for your masters.

Ex: 4 years x $5500 = 22k for your bachelors if you used it for all 4 years
    +
    2 years x $5500 = an additional 11k for a two year masters degree

33k > 22K (your current employer)
    My current employer actually does 7,000 per year for a bachelors, and 15,000 per year for a masters. I should have worded it better.
    Courses:
    Done!!!
    Oh nice! That would be hard to beat for sure. Wow, lucky you, especially for the masters.
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Mrs. Z works with Siemens consultants on a daily basis. She said she could find out for you. According to her they offer really good benefits in general but didn't know anything specific about tuition reimbursement.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
    Mrs. Z works with Siemens consultants on a daily basis. She said she could find out for you. According to her they offer really good benefits in general but didn't know anything specific about tuition reimbursement.

Thanks man. I really appreciate your help!
    Courses:
    Done!!!