DCICN pass 3/1/13

CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the CCNA Data Center DCICN test today by 1 point.

The only studying I did was ready the NX-OS Cisco Press book, aside from my ROUTE/SWITCH knowledge which definitely helped.

Comments

• instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Is it 'cause you're getting on the Data Center bandwagon, or what? Which 'NP exam do you have left?

EDIT:

Congrats on passing the test! (LOL, should have said that first.)
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • CheesyBreadCheesyBread Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My company is upgrading our 7613 core routers to Nexus 7000's in 2014. I'd like to have them lean on me for the lion's share of the process as opposed to running to our support provider, I can't really go into details on that easily.

I still have the TSHOOT test to complete, have training scheduled 3rd week of May.

I don't really understand the data center bandwagon comment. Seems like from a certification standpoint, data center has near the lowest number of certified people, especially since CCNA DC has only been out for 4-5 months if I'm not mistaken, and that there isn't a single book in print on CCNA DC.

I see you're doing the WGU security program. How is that working out? I'm considering jumping on that bandwagon in June. I'm looking to get a masters so I can do some CCNA level teaching at a technical school or maybe university of phoenix.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man!

Our company is requiring us to get CCNA DC's, so I don't really have a choice. I should be sitting DCICN in 2 weeks, and DCICT 2 weeks after that. I've done nothing but Nexus/MDS for the last 6 months, so I guess it makes sense.

When are you taking DCICT?
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Congrats man!

Our company is requiring us to get CCNA DC's, so I don't really have a choice. I should be sitting DCICN in 2 weeks, and DCICT 2 weeks after that. I've done nothing but Nexus/MDS for the last 6 months, so I guess it makes sense.

When are you taking DCICT?

I'm not sure when I'll do the DCICT. I'm extremely hesitant based on how difficult I found the DCICN. I honestly felt that this was going to be a walk in the park and I was going to waltz in and crank out a 950+ in half an hour.

The fact that I passed by just 1 point was a shocker, but it definitely brought to light some things that I need to work on.

I've been studying for CCNA DC, CCDA, and TSHOOT simultaneously, not to mention my 5 credit Japanese class that takes up a massive amount of my time. Luckily, I have nothing better to do than study. All those hot college girls that want to talk to me are just going to have to wait.
    How much hands on experience do you have in networking if you don't mind me asking?

I get it about the college girls- I had the same problem icon_smile.gif
    I've been in networking for bout 5 years. 4 years in an network operations center, and about a year as a support engineer for a WAN segment with some heavy network management obligations. I've never even seen a nexus switch though.

On the plus side, I was at the strip club last night and was pleasantly surprised at how many of the girls there were interested in hearing about the CCNA Data Center.
    Lmao....I'm extending an open beer offer to you if we shall ever cross paths.

Truthfully I think not using the Nexus before is what made your pass so close (impressive a actually).

Typed from my tablet on a plane, so excuse typos.
  • networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed the exam on the same day! :) Congrats!

I am now reading my DCUFI book that I got from the training last week. That should cover a lot of stuff of the DCICT exam topics. Obviously, it won't cover WAAS, ACE, UCS, and etc. I have Cisco Unified Computing System book so that should help. I'll attempt the DCICT exam probably next month or so. Depending on how fast I'll be able to finish the DCUFI material. Good luck!