Options

Entry Level Jobs

Samo3411Samo3411 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am interested in networking what kind of jobs should I go for if I have Network+ and half way studying ccna, it seems most of them ask for experience but how do u get it if you don't get a job????? .if any one is in the networking field what was the job you started with as your first job. many thanks

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Many people start their IT career in helpdesk positions, try looking for those.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you get the CCNA, I bet some companies will take a chance on you. You will at least get interviews.
  • Options
    ToomsTooms Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    At a larger organization look for a NOC technician type job. This is an entry level networking specific role.

I would probably suggest a smaller company though where you can wear many hats. I personally feel its a good idea to develop a baseline understanding of workstation support, server support, and networking support before you deep dive into a pure network engineer. Being somewhat fluent in the other areas will make you more valuable in the long run at larger organizations where those areas are separated into departments.