ICND1/2 questions

saffyresaffyre Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been going through CBT videos, and started reading my books to take my first CCENT. Been pushing along over the last 4 days or so and i'm noticing there is not much IOS stuff. Am I wrong in this thought, as most of this all seems like a refresher on the Network+/Microsoft tests. Is the ICND2 where it starts to add the most of IOS?
WGU Progress: Network Design and Management: started 04/12
Courses transfered: CSV1, WFV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, AXV1, CPV1, INC1, INT1, DFV1, GAC1, HHT1, DHV1, CWV1, QLT1, DEV1, BVC1, IWC1, IWT1 (64 CU) Courses Completed: CRV1, CTV1, CUV1, AHV1, AIV1, BHV1(30 CU)
Courses needed: BOV1, BNC1, TPV1, SBT1, RCT1 (20 CU)
Courses in progress: BIV1 (6 CU)

Comments

• krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    You will come across quite a bit of IOS material studying for the ICND1. I am a couple weeks away from my first attempt at the CCENT exam and I have spent a considerable amount of time labing on cisco equipment. I'd imagine there will be quite a bit more hands on while preparing for the ICND2 however
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • saffyresaffyre Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    krjay wrote: »
    You will come across quite a bit of IOS material studying for the ICND1. I am a couple weeks away from my first attempt at the CCENT exam and I have spent a considerable amount of time labing on cisco equipment. I'd imagine there will be quite a bit more hands on while preparing for the ICND2 however

Awesome - I look forward to the challenge. I just feel like so far - up to this point - it has been a lot of subnetting, ports, and OSI Model. I should be getting my lab equip from ebay tomorrow. We shall see how that goes.
    Courses transfered: CSV1, WFV1, AGC1, BBC1, CLC1, LAE1, LUT1, QBT1, AXV1, CPV1, INC1, INT1, DFV1, GAC1, HHT1, DHV1, CWV1, QLT1, DEV1, BVC1, IWC1, IWT1 (64 CU) Courses Completed: CRV1, CTV1, CUV1, AHV1, AIV1, BHV1(30 CU)
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Are you going through the ICND1 + ICND2 CBTNuggets or the CCNA Nuggets? If your studying for the ICND1 make sure your watching the ICND1 Nugget... There is a fair bit of IOS in that video collection.
    Yes. Those are what I am going through. I'm on about 10th video, still in common ports and OSI model. Should have time tomorrow to go through quite a bit more of the videos. I just wasn't sure what I was seeing with all of the basic stuff.
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Before you can become a master of the IOS you need to learn the theory behind networking and ICND1 does this. As you go deeper into it you'll learn some IOS stuff along the way but it does get more involved in ICND2

Good luck with your studies.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
    MrXpert wrote: »
    Before you can become a master of the IOS you need to learn the theory behind networking and ICND1 does this. As you go deeper into it you'll learn some IOS stuff along the way but it does get more involved in ICND2

Good luck with your studies.

Thanks a bunch for the support! I am currently just going through the review. I figure what can it hurt other than solidifying it even more.
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    ICND1 will cover IOS for sure but as mentioned before, ICND1 is all about the foundation of networking. OSI, Routing Protocols (RIP and RIPv2), IOS commands

You'll see more and more as you go along.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?