Oracle or Sql ?

rampagerampage Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
I just wanted to have some information between Oracle and Sql path which one is better in terms of job opportunity,salary and certificates.

Comments

• programmer24programmer24 Banned Posts: 122
    I heard oracle is more marketable than sql server because oracle jobs is advertising on job websites. Are you trying to find work as a database administrator
  • rampagerampage Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I heard oracle is more marketable than sql server because oracle jobs is advertising on job websites. Are you trying to find work as a database administrator
    NO. A friend of mine ask this question and I'm trying to help him.How about difficulty of the certificates ?
    sql server tends to be easy than oracle because you using t-sql which is a dialect of sql. Pl/sql is more challenging you have to write a statement beginning with declare
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If your good in either, there will be better job opportunities and salaries. That said, I usually see more SQL jobs than Oracle ones assuming we are talking about databases. Oracle do much more than just databases, they are into virtualization too.

Never chase the money, chase success and the money just follows.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • rampagerampage Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks very much .Great posts.bowing.gif

Never chase the money, chase success and the money just follows.[/QUOTE]
    I completely agree icon_thumright.gif
    I would rather tell your friend get a job in being a sql server developer and build on that skillset like try to gain a cert and sql server
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I found that SQL jobs are more common whilst Oracle jobs are better paid - here in the UK anyway. But no point in pursuing an Oracle career if you a. hate it and b. can't find a job :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p