Ccent exam

Bigfoot22Bigfoot22 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Im currently studying to take my ICND1 exam in 2 weeks. I've been studying with CBT Nuggets which is great but is there any other study material anyone recommends that I use to help me pass the test?

Comments

• RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Bigfoot22 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Im currently studying to take my ICND1 exam in 2 weeks. I've been studying with CBT Nuggets which is great but is there any other study material anyone recommends that I use to help me pass the test?

I think Boson is a good source, also look through the ICND1 book or the applicable chapters in the 640-802 book.

Honestly, I think those three = success. Also, get your subnetting down and find what works for you when it comes to solving subnetting questions
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    I also recommend the INE CCNA R/S videos, which can be found for free at CCIE Training - CCIE Routing & Switching, Voice, Security, Service Provider, Data Center

Additionally, are you using any resources to get some hands on time with equipment (either virtual or real)?
  • JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    Cisco Press Books, Todd Lammle's material is also good. Free INE videos are good as well as links and threads in this forum.

J
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    hopefully you're doing more then the CBT videos.. are you reading and labbing? good example is how Jeremy does not go in deep information on some subjects but gives an overall general idea of how it works.

I was really disappointed in his EIGRP video.
  • krjaykrjay Member Posts: 290
    EIGRP isn't really covered in ICND 1 but I understand where you're coming from, you definitely want a book to read after you view a topic on CBT nuggets. I'd recommend the Cisco Press Books. The only thing I do not like in the Cisco press books is the chapters on subnetting.
    2014 Certification Goals: 70-410 [ ] CCNA:S [ ] Linux+ [ ]
  • amcloneamclone Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used Lammle's book, Cbt nuggets, and Boson NetSim 8 and the Boson Exam Environment.. I highly recommend the Boson products. I scored in the 900's on ICND1. I am currently using the same study materials for ICND2.
    Working on CCNP Switch.
  • Bigfoot22Bigfoot22 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I have been using labs mainly cisco packet tracer. But I will check out Boson netsim. You guys are awsome and i really appreciate your help.