Options

forensics certification where self study is possible for no more than 500$

Hi

is there a forensics certification where self study is possible for no more than 500$

I seek for forensics certification where study guides available.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    The EnCE and ACE can be achieved for less than $500 each if you don't need to buy the forensics software they are exams for.
  • Options
    raybfreeraybfree Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The certified digital forensics engineer CBT by mile2 is $550. And at times they have a sale where you can get the exam for free or at least heavily discounted. They have a promo on ethicalhacker.net right now so I would at least look into it.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Personally, I would stay away from Mile2's certifications. I won a few course for Mile2 via ethicalhacker.net and I would not recommend them.
  • Options
    The mile2 certs were running dry and got a little old awhile ago but they have been updated late 2012. The CDFE was recently published by Johnny Justice who is in the eforensics mag and works for an intelligence agency. So I have only heard good things about it. In fact, they just got CNSS approved. So they must be doing something right.
  • Options
    ^ sounds like a homer icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Isn't Mile2 the EC-Council of the UK? That's the way I have always looked at it.
  • Options
    mile2 is based in the US but has training partners worldwide, including the UK.
  • Options
    Mile2 markets heavy overseas because they do not get enough attention in the States. When I won the "Mile2 giveaway", I spoke with Mile2 a little bit during that time, and their reps were saying a lot of their business is overseas (UK, India).
  • Options
    I haven't looked at Mile2's Web site in years, but I see that it's not usable unless you enable Javascript. That's a very strange Web site design decision for a security certification vendor.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mile2 received NSA CNSS accreditation?!
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    The magazine rack at a 7-Eleven could qualify for NSA CNSS accreditation. It's not as big a deal as people think.