Options

Sharing resources

ynajiynaji Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings:

I hope all is well. I set up a server 2003 as a domain controller. I also add the to client to this domain controller. I have Microsoft visio software, and I would like the client to use it. I want to avoid install it for each client. How can I share it over the network.
All your help will be appreiciated.

Thank you

Sincerely,

Ynaji

Comments

• Options
    rphannrphann Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You would have to use Group Policy software deployment to distribute Microsoft Visio. You can either publish or assign Visio in the Computer Configuration Software Settings.
  • Options
    rphannrphann Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You need to have Microsoft Visio installed on the client computers for them to edit the documents. If you want them to view the documents only, you would have to install a third party program (Vision) on the presenter computer and share the application that way. Which means they read mode only.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    If you want them to view the documents only, you would have to install a third party program (Vision) on the presenter computer and share the application that way. Which means they read mode only.
    Microsoft provides its own viewer as well available for download here, that allows user without the full version of visio to view files inside their webbrowser.