Options

Network jobs question

JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is it good idea to look for network jobs while studying for your CCNA/CCNP certs? Has anyone tried applying for network jobs without having the Cisco certs first and then going for the certs once they got the job?
[h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sure it's a good idea. I know high level networking people with no certifications at all. Certifications help get you noticed, but they aren't usually a requirement for most jobs.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Success101Success101 Member Posts: 132
    You can try, it can't hurt. I am currently unemployed and looking, but from what I see employers are looking for folks with experience. Education and certifications are a distance second in my opinion. I'm one of the ones with little experience I guess...even with 6+ years. icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @networker

Thanks, i was just wondering not having multiple certs to show was going to hurt my chances, I've already been to an interview and things didn't work out which is why am a bit insecure. I'm sure my experience will land me something nice and i will tackle the certs from there.

@Success

I wouldn't give up, sometimes we get insecure as we are rejected but you get up and try again the next day. You keep trying until you find something. Don't let getting rejected get in the way
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]