Is there something wrong with me????

nouveaux21nouveaux21 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Okay... I just took the 70-290 exam... and failed???!?!?!?!?!! OH COME ON!!! I mean I can understand my failing 291... twice... without first taking 290... so I figured I'd really study up on this one and then go back to 291 later.

Here's what I have been studying:
Transcender practice exams and online course (thank god for company training budgets)
MS PRESS core book suite (training budget again)
Exam Cram 2 (not detailed enough for me really, but nice)

and I STILL missed passing by 44 points????

At this point I am seriously questioning my intelligence here... I mean it's bad enough that we have to remember revery little detail (which I am okay with - once I learn something I dont usually forget it or have troubole with it again), but it seems that MS enjoys trying to trick me out of what I know... That and some of the questions may as have been worded in arabic cause I actually had to translate from poor english to proper english. Did MS cut their budget for exam writers?

What REALLY is eating at me right now is I had a SUS Administration simulation... No sweat right? All I need to do is go Start -> Run and type http://localhost/SUSAdmin and ... oh wait! Not found? Gee... we dont have a way to administer SUS from the Admin Tools menu do we? Guess this test taker is SOL!

I may just be preachin to the choir but my suggestion is take the 70-270 exam LAST... then you won't let your guard down... The XP exam is SOOO EASY, so take it last and do yourself a favor.

As for me... I'm going to seriously consider my qualifications as a male prostitute... At the speed I'm going, that seems to be the quicker route to the salary (if not job) of my dreams... I'm just too poor for this crap anymore.

-blargh <insert long string of cussing here>

Comments

• nknk417nknk417 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    These are NOT the same test that you had back in the NT days. Microsoft made them harder because their test were considered easy. For the 290 I had taken a six week course plus studied about two months straight about a couple hours a day to prepare for the test, and I still failed with a score of 612. I took another month to study and took it again and barely passed with a score of 700. The test wore me out so much that I have taken a two month brake and now am barely getting back to studying for the 291, the Beast of all MS test....

Anyway when I took the A+ test I thought they were hard...that is until I took MS 270 XP test, the questions were just so darn long, I couldn't believe how hard that test was that is until I took 290.....These test just keep on getting harder.

My suggestion is to first build your confidence and pass the ones that you consider easy first. It will definitely want to make you keep on going and getting more certs. There is such great sense of accomplishment in passing these test as well. Especially, when you know that some professionals that have been in the field for years cannot even pass these test.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    nouveaux21's story is similar to others who post on these forums.

But, must remember, these are Professional exams. And, M$ is looking to assure employers that the people who have them not only have knowledge of M$ products as well as problem solving skills--most important.

When I took A+, I was entry-level, just as the exam was designed to test. It wasn't easy for me. My Server+ exam was supposed to be for experience way past entry-level. Until I took 70-210, that was the hardest exam I had ever taken, but with a couple more years of experience, I scored higher on the M$ 70-210, than I did on the Server+. So, my point, I beleive that these M$ exams really do indicate experience of a professional quality, and we must just bear with the M$ long-way-around approach of examination if we want to attain to their standard of certification.

Well, my 0.02, but I am sorry about your difficult circumstances, and hope that you can beat these M$ beasts next time around. Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The 70-290 exam is not easy. And I didn't think the 70-270 exam was easy either. Like nknk417 said, I think you should take 270 first and pass it if you think it is easy, that way you can build your confidence up a little bit. Good luck on your retakes.