ipv6 in icnd2

beginner_ccnabeginner_ccna Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
was wondering if there is alot or any questions regarding ipv6 in the icnd2 exam?

thanks

Comments

• Darwin84Darwin84 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You need to be familiar with the different types of IPv6 address, the loopback, and the various Multicast addresses used. Also, you'll need to know what this upgrade brings in terms of functionality... ie, Broadcasts are no more etc
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Darwin gave a great answer!You will also have to know how to write the addresses - where you can cut on writing 0s and where you can put ::, stuff like that.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My cisco Networking Academy teacher last year went into a-lot of detail on this. As I look at IPV6 VS IPV 4 I am amazed at the the new features IPV 6 has The hardest part to learning IPV6 to me is the new format.
    I have been working and useing IPV4 for so long it's hard to get my head wrapped around it.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • JasonITJasonIT Member Posts: 114
    I had 3-4 questions on IPv6 I believe. Make sure you cover these sections well, better to know and not need than need and not know. Good luck

J