Options

My first Net Admin interview. Tips?

seth479seth479 Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys I have my first Network Admin interview tomorrow. I did tell them that I still don't have my Net+ yet but would be taking it in the next couple weeks. The recruiter asked me questions about Routing Protocols, port errors, basic OSI stuff and I got them all right and feeling good about it. Below is the job description and I figured it was a NOC type position when I applied but it seems its actually an Admin position so now Im nervous. Anything you guys would recommend I'm really comfortable with? I have some Cisco experience managing port speeds, duplex, vlans and spanning tree but anything more indepth I never got to. I do have experience with the company and their hardware environment so I got that going for me.

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]This is the job description:[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Cisco Network Admin L2 [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]The wired position will focus on setup/configuration, and troubleshooting experience for cisco routers and switches. Experience working with networking tools for said equipment in an enterprise environment. A CCNA certification is preferred but not required. It would be super awesome with someone familiar in the REMOVED hardware environment and working with Level 1 teams (NOC, Unix Ops, Field Support)[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Below is the formal position description: [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]POSITION SUMMARY:[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Responsible for the installation, modification, testing and servicing on data communications network equipment. Provides[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]connectivity and network support to all network, services, company, and customers. Performs analysis of software,[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]hardware, and network systems for processors, multiplexes, LAN/WAN communications and various transmission systems.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Responds to assignments involving the installation, repair, and maintenance of network equipment. Conducts analyses and[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]prepares reports on design and evaluation of current and future network development.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]SPECIALITY[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Two years experience installing and maintaining networks, network system administration, NOS, Desktop Applications,[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]Desktop Operating systems, and customer support required. Must possess A+ certification and multiple Tier I products.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]• Works with other networking personnel to design and implement total network systems solutions.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]• Provides support for complex multi-system installations.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]• Solves network software and hardware problems using testing tools and techniques.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]• Reviews integrated systems design proposals for technical content. Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates alternative design[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]solutions.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]• Provides technical network integration support encompassing physical planning, configuration, and installation of[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]network hardware and software.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]• Performs necessary repairs on system that may include replacement of boards, changing servers, loading and testing[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]software applications, and restoring customer network operating systems.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]• Ensures design proposals meet customer needs. Monitors implementations for technical correctness for the highest level[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]of customer satisfaction.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]• Develops customer support plans for complex networking systems.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]• Assumes principal technical role in presentations by furnishing technical expertise and responding to customer inquiries[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]on hardware and software.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]• Develops information technology architecture and total systems solutions. Designs quality control procedures to ensure[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]the deliverables meet established design and performance goals.[/FONT]
LinkedIn | www.sethhall.com
In Progress - MCSE: Messaging [] 70-341 [] 70-342
Up Next - MCSE: Communication
2016 Goals: MCSE: Messaging / Communication, CCENT, LPIC-1

Comments

• Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    the "super awesome" part of the job ad is weird...

it's only asking for 2 years experience, and maybe a CCNA, shouldn't be too complex, probably CCNA level knowledge should be fine...

almost reads like a Desktop Support job...
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark