Options

Really could do with some guidance please help :)

TheBigMacTheBigMac Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi I really want to do my Comptia A+ Cert but I want to be sure that I have the correct information. Here are the questions I have (thought it would be easier to just put them in a list)

1. Am I right in thinking the two exams needed to obtain the qualifications are 220-801 & 220-802 ?

2. Am I right in thinking the 702 exam is practical? and if so how can this be self-taught?

3. How much does the exams cost? I found this price list on the official site Im in the UK so my currency is GBP, I noticed the price is £117 but is that for both exams? as it doesnt specify. link
Exam Prices

4. are the two exams all I will need to get the cert?

5. what can I do after I get my qualification?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TenorTenor Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TheBigMac wrote: »
    Hi I really want to do my Comptia A+ Cert but I want to be sure that I have the correct information. Here are the questions I have (thought it would be easier to just put them in a list)

1. Am I right in thinking the two exams needed to obtain the qualifications are 220-801 & 220-802 ?

2. Am I right in thinking the 702 exam is practical? and if so how can this be self-taught?

3. How much does the exams cost? I found this price list on the official site Im in the UK so my currency is GBP, I noticed the price is £117 but is that for both exams? as it doesnt specify. link
    Exam Prices

4. are the two exams all I will need to get the cert?

5. what can I do after I get my qualification?

Thanks

1. Yes, you need both the 801 and 802 for certification.

2. Yes, it's practical, but you still need to refer to the book.

3. The price is per exam.

4. Same as #1.

5. That part is entirely up to you. You can continue earning other certs, you can do helpdesk/desktop support, PC repair, etc.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Welcome to the forums TheBigMac.

Tenors answers are spot on. One of the first things you should do is pick up a book on the A+ exams. Search on Amazon for A+ Training Kit or something similar and you'll find many books are available. The 701/702 exams expire August 31, 2013 so if you don't think you'll complete both exams by then, ensure you buy a book that covers the 801/802 objectives.

Good luck.