Passed ICND2: What's next?

paq7512paq7512 Member Posts: 102 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed the ICND2 earlier today with a score of 888; my teacher at the Cisco Academy recommended going for the CCDA, since I would be very close after I got my CCNA. What do you all think? I just bought network warrior and have started reading it.

My Interests are Routing, Wireless, Security

CCNP??

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Congrats!Go in the direction that you like the most.The CCNP is a reasonable option.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • paq7512paq7512 Member Posts: 102 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Okay thanks, and as far as the CCNP, which does everyone recommend starting with Route, Switch, or Troubleshooting?
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Usually Route first, then Switch and Tshoot. I think some have done Switch and TShoot at the same time too O.O
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats on pass
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I did Switch, then Route, then TSHOOT.
    Some have done TSHOOT before one of the others, but I wouldn't.

Congratulations!
    Also consider CCNA Security
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    IMO you should definitely leave TSHOOT last. As for the others it comes down to personal preference - some go at it by the OSI layers - SWITCH and than ROUTE but I have made an observation that most people do ROUTE first. Right now I'm preparing for the CCNP and I'm starting with ROUTE. Also, if your strengths lie in one of the two areas maybe you should start with what you're better at.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    What should you do next? I don't know, you tell me. What do you currently do in your daily job? Lean more towards Wireless work? Voice? Security? Design? R&S?
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?