Options

title or certificate for CV - pass only one exam of Windows 2012 track

Hi

If I only pass one exam "70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server® 2012".

What is my title or certificate? Do I receive some sort of paper for CV?

Comments

• Options
    mightymidgetmightymidget Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'd be intrested to learn this too. I would guess you'd just get a basic MCP (MTA) status until all three exams are passes to qualify for MCSA status.
  • Options
    MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It looks like you dont get any title for passing the exam. You do get access to the MCP website though.

Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 for more info.
  • Options
    BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A lot of the new 2012 exams are not individual certifications like the MCTS certifications in the 2008 track. It is a bit confusing after getting used to the MCTS titles. I am going to be working on my 70-462 for SQL Administration and it doesn't give you a certification. This is annoying especially if you are unsure if you actually need/want to finish the set for the MCSA.

I guess you could still list it on your resume in some way especially if you don't have many certifications at this point. Now you have more motivation to finish up your MCSA now to get the title :).
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I usually advise against this, but you could list "MCSA:Windows Server 2012 In Progress" and show "Exam 70-410:
    Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Passed" underneath it, or something along those lines.

Otherwise, no, you have not earned any credential for passing this, not even MCP (despite the fact that you get an MCPID and an MCP transcript).

My advise is to just focus hard on finishing exams 411 and 412 so you can put that certification on your resume
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340