Options

Where should I go from here? Recently obtained Bachelor's in CS

WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
Hey all,
I recently obtained a Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security from University of Maryland University College. The entire college is a joke and I was not impressed with the ciriculum or level of instruction. I would like to get a Master's from a better university. I had a 3.7 GPA, am a 16 year veteran of the military and am looking for a program that will challenge me yet I can attend online. For me WGU looks shady, so does anyone know any good Masters programs out there? And with that being said , should I branch out and get a Masters in something not related to information security to broaden my resume? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    CorrstaCorrsta Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Utica College has an online Master's in Cyber Security with concentrations in Intelligence or Forensics... I don't know much about the program, other than the fact that most of the instructors are former law enforcement and/or pioneers in the InfoSec community (i.e. Jeff Bardin).

Did you have a security clearance when you were in the military? There's plenty of cyber jobs with the government that are looking for veterans (if that's what you want to do). They might even offer to pick up the bill for your continued education.
  • Options
    PolynomialPolynomial Member Posts: 365
    WilliamK99 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I recently obtained a Bachelor's degree in Cyber Security from University of Maryland University College. The entire college is a joke and I was not impressed with the ciriculum or level of instruction. I would like to get a Master's from a better university. I had a 3.7 GPA, am a 16 year veteran of the military and am looking for a program that will challenge me yet I can attend online. For me WGU looks shady, so does anyone know any good Masters programs out there? And with that being said , should I branch out and get a Masters in something not related to information security to broaden my resume? Thanks in advance!

I sort of came to the same conclusion about WGU. I'm doing mine at Brandeis. Since I wanted IT Management, pretty sure its the highest ranked school that offers online degree programs like that.

Master's Programs Offered Online Only