Options

Really have to give it up to CompTIA

DJohnsonRoseDJohnsonRose Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
So yesterday I took a OS X Support Essentials exam (equivalent of a MCTS in Microsoft Terms) and passed with a quite high score. I took a 3 day course and managed to pass, there was 5 of us on the course and only two people too the exam (including me). The other guy was re-certifying and the others are taking a week extra before the exam.

Without bragging I found this quite easy and I have very basic experience on using a Mac. So what helped me?

A lot of my CompTIA knowledge helped me, I know that they get a lot of stick for being too easy and holding little weight but I have to say they really helped me. My 70-640 studies also helped me with the networking side of things (understanding cidr, dns etc) and just experience from trouble shooting. CompTIA really helped here and I have to recommend this to anyone who is a fast learner with access to a Mac or iPhone as it helps.

I'm not sure the value of the ACSP in an employers eyes but I will be going back in a month to do the OS X Server Essentials to upgrade my certification to a ACTC (equivalent as a MCITP/MCSA) then a month after for my ACMT. I'm trying to get certified on everything I use at work :)

All in all this has been fun learning, back to my 70-640 studying!!!!