Options

This looks like a great masters if you have your bachelors.

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Electrical Engineering Degrees Online - Master' s Degree Program

This degree would bring some serious heat.

Comments

• Options
    jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Agreed..looks awesome if you want to get into some SCADA stuff, which is the path I wish I would have originally went down. Lots of action will be seen in that field in the coming years
  • Options
    I agree that degree looks awesome.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Do you want to get into Electrical Engineering?
  • Options
    Not really, but I just like to share interesting degrees and see what the community thinks?

If I were to take on another degree it would be either statistics/data mining or ERP related (SAP)

I have 2 courses left to complete my MBA then I am going to take sometime off. Well I am studying for a SQL exam and working heavily with Access and some VB (for my job)
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,567 Mod
    Just looking at the names of the courses brought back nightmares from my undergrad (Computer Engineering). I think Electrical engineering is arguably the most difficult engineering discipline, I doubt it is viable to do it on the masters level online. Think serious heavy math!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Interesting degree. But I have to say that I'm a bit skeptical about it. I can't imagine how a lot of the hands-on labs could be conducted. The electrical engineering labs that I remember needed quite a bit of equipment - stuff that you can't exactly pick up at your local Best Buy or Radio Shack like oscilloscopes, breadboards, etc.
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Being that i work in the engineering field that degree is pretty worthless for an IT guy without a P.Eng. You can't actually practise engineering without it so nothing else you hold would really matter.

If your undergrad wasn't in an eng major i'm not sure how you'd even get in.

Admission to this program requires:

• A four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution. Applicants with a Bachelor's degree in "engineering technology" will generally not qualify for admission.
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Maybe one the the Software Engineering tracks
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Software engineering is comp sci. Even if you minor'd in EE you still couldn't get into that program its for engineering students. IT is not part of the engineering field in any way. If you're not working towards your P.Eng this course would hold no ROI.