Options

(Please delete) Please critique my resume. Much appreciated!

Success101Success101 Member Posts: 132
Thanks for ALL feedback in advance.

Comments

• Options
    PolynomialPolynomial Member Posts: 365
    I really feel like you could condense this to one page. Its very hard to read currently.

For example, the first section is completely redundant. You could condense the whole thing into keywords like the second section. Which is a good strategy because HR people give you about 10 seconds and keywords grab their attention.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I like to see professional summary instead of all those bullet points at the top. I would probably leave off some of the certifications. You list network engineering, I would only leave certifications on their that are in scope with networking. It says to me you are really help desk, but you wish you were a system admin. (just saying)

For your job experience you list helpdesk/system adminster. Do you have a split role? Did you mean system administrator? If at all possible I would just list one title not two. IMO it look weird and fabricated.

I do like how you built out your experience with a summary and then went into bullet points. I like the amount of white space, however some of the spacing makes the resume hard to read, but not a huge concern. Again the certifications looks like word soup. Pick your heavy hitters and go with those, leave A+ and those junior level ones off. (Just my two cents)
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Here's my two cents:

I would probably change the first line since I wouldn't consider a CCNA or MCP an "expert" in those materials.
    I would combine the first two sections. In those bullet points, you're saying what you're skilled in and then in the second section, you're specifying what you're skilling in again. I've seen a lot of people just make one section where they separate technologies out that they've worked on with subsections such as "hardware," "software" and "protocols" but I, personally, don't like to break it down that specifically. I would say not to include protocols in there (I.e. OSPF, EIGRP) unless you feel comfortable enough to answer 20 minutes worth of questions on each subject.
    I would also say to move education and certifications to the top
    Try to condense your resume to one page. The general rule is 1 page per 10 years of experience. You might want to work on the margins, spacing, and font size
    I don't see anything wrong with the actual descriptions of your jobs so good job there :) It looks like mostly format and repetition in your resume that needs work
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com