Options

Feedback for my resume

loss4wordsloss4words Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys! Could you please review my resume and let me know what you think? :) Thank you!!
My name
My Address
My Phone number
My E-mail

Summary: Intelligent and reliable professional with extensive experience installing, maintaining, upgrading and troubleshooting hardware and software. I enjoy working alone or with a team, and find great joy interacting with my peers, clients and superiors. My ideal position would let me use the skills and knowledge I have gained while working with so and so and so andso while continuing to broaden my skill set.

Education: My College
Associate Degree in Computer Network Operations
Course Completion: A+ & MCSE 2003

Certifications:
• COMPTIA A+
• COMPTIA NET+
• MCP (79-290) – Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment.
• MCTS (70-640) – Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, Configuring

Skills:
• Configuring and maintaining Group Policy and Active Directory objects
•Windows XP-Windows 7 installation, configuration & administration.
• Support for various client operating systems including Windows XP, Windows 7, and Mac OS X.
• Knowledge of network infrastructure and topologies, including the following protocols: DHCP, TCP, IP, DNS, FTP/SFTP, and more.

Experience:
Job1 New York, New York
Computer Support Technician 01/2010 – Present
• Creating and maintaining PC images and deploying them to PCs for staff and student classrooms.
• Configuring and maintaining Group Policy objects to ensure workstations on the network are as secure as possible, as well as configuring and maintaining Active Directory objects to ensure end users receive appropriate access on the network.
• Supervising part-time staff and assisting them with solving technical issues.
• Worked alongside System Administrators and assisted them with configuring Windows Server 2008 OS and helping with transition from Windows Server 2003 environment, as well as helping to resolve systems related tickets as requested or as problems are reported.
• Modified and created technical and user support procedure manuals and reference guides.
• Performing diagnosis, service and maintenance on all PC and Mac workstations.
• Account maintenance for internal library applications such as Aleph and Wiki: add/delete and modify account settings and assisting with password resets.
• Troubleshooting and solving computer issues as problems arise.

Job2 New York, New York
IT Support Analyst (Contractor) 09/2008-01/2010
• Provided daily Level 2 on-site technical support to users in PC and MAC environment.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software problems in order to resolve issues, and installation when needed.
• Supported handheld devices such as iPhone and Blackberry smart phones for end users.
• Assisted with installation, movement, add, change, and warranty repair with vendors
• Using Norton Ghost and Smart Deploy software to image computers to increase work productivity.
• Other duties as assigned by ITS Desktop Support Team Leader.

Job 3 New York, New York
Help Desk Support Technician (Work-Study) 04/2007-09/2008
• Assisted in maintaining a fully functional classroom environment for students and teachers
• Troubleshoot hardware and software problems in order to resolve issues, and installation when needed.
• Tutored students in Windows, Office, and general productivity software.

Languages: Fluent in Russian

Comments

• Options
    SlayerXSlayerX Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Correct me if I am wrong here but is your text slightly leaning to the right? If so you may want to make it strait as I got lost in what I was reading under your resume work Experience.
    Try this "Imaged computers using Norton Ghost and Smart Deploy software to increase work productivity"

I see you have this sentence written two times "Troubleshoot hardware and software problems in order to resolve issues, and installation when needed."
    Get rid of one of them. Redundant words will happen but redundant sentences are a no no.

Also just a thought, how about you list some of your personal skills? I see you listed technical skills but they may want to know if your self motivated, an excellent communicator, methodical, if you are a great listener, fallows directions well or if you have people skills etc. Up to you if you want to add that I just think it may help. If you do make a personal skills list put your Fluent in Russian under that otherwise remove it cause it looks weird hanging out at the bottom of your resume all by itself.

Hope I helped a little.