Options

GeorgeTown or George Mason ??

aastha1912aastha1912 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi , i need to decide between Georgetown (Technology Management) and George Mason(Applied IT) for a Graduation .I have 5+ years of experience in IT as consultant .... fees is almost the same for both universities but which one to go for ...Need some inputs,opinions, advice , any other help ....i am getting so confused .Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dewey haftadewey hafta Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are you referring to the Graduate program or Undergrad?... Now I'm confused! I know there are prerequisites for GMU's undergrad, not sure about Georgetown though.
  • Options
    pinkydapimppinkydapimp Member Posts: 732 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Have you been accepted to both? Does one have less requirements(ie can you skip the GRE, get class credit for work experience....). How do they rank for the major you want according to US News?
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    aastha1912 wrote: »
    Hi , i need to decide between Georgetown (Technology Management) and George Mason(Applied IT) for a Graduation

Joking. . . neither! :)

If you can afford them, either should serve you well.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Mason. Georgetown isn't known for their IT programs (much like they're not known for their football teams...), and Georgetown is far and away more expensive.

Mason has some pretty good IT related programs and is making a big effort to engage the INFOSEC community with their CyberSecurity Information Forum. Also, Mason is reasonably priced.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow