At What Age Did You Obtain your CCNP

Comments

• darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm 21 now, so I'm hoping by 22 I'll have my NP, then start branching off into security and wireless since my environment DEMANDS it more and more (yum yum, so much funding being approved!)

:D
    :twisted:
  • ram1101ram1101 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dover wrote: »
    As of next Wednesday - when I pass the IPS exam - 40 for CCNP Security

Yeah, who's old now ^@#$! :)

IPS how was it? what did u use for the lab?
  • fiftyofiftyo Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You people make me feel young again.. I was 18 when I passed ccnp route, and will perhaps obtain the entire thing before 20. But gearing towards my degree(s) now which I think is more important/beneficial for the time being.
  • TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    22. Should have got it a couple of years ago when I passed BCMSN to renew my CCNA, but lost interest.
  • trikitriki Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    got my NP at age 25
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    26 ccna
    28 ccnp
    30 ccdp
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • FatbunnyFatbunny Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll be 36 in june, and will hopefully have the route exam completed by then, im in revision mode at the moment. Probably be 37 or 38 by the time I complete the NP. I don't have as much time to allocate as I would like.
  • txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm shooting for 26. I'm currently 25.
  • CorzaCorza Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Studying now. Hope to have it done by end of year and turn 27 in October.
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I earned my CCNA at 26.
    Second CCNA (after 1st CCNA expired) was earned at 30.
    By the time I earn CCNP (ROUTE already passed) I will be 30.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • al3kt.R***al3kt.R*** Member Posts: 118
    CCSP® & CCNP® both earned @29! The security one took me 2 years of preparation and passing the various needed exams whereas the routing&switching cert I managed to build upon acquired knowledge/confidence and get it finished in a 6month period (not counting the CCNA® exam requirement just the 3 Pro level exams).
    Now (@31) it's time for the CCDP®...
    "Tigranes: Good heavens! Mardonius, what kind of men have brought us to fight against? Men who do not compete for possessions, but for honour."--- Herodotus, The Histories
    "Nipson anomemata me monan opsin"--- Gregory of Nazianzus
    "Bruce Schneier's secure handshake is so strong, you won't be able to exchange keys with anyone else for days."--- Bruce Schneier Facts
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow! I am very impressed to see some people getting their NPs in their very early 20s. I wish I had my head focused on what I wanted to do with life at that time icon_sad.gif

Good for yall!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    Looks like the average age is in the early twenties. I'm working on my NP, been busy with school and I've just received my Masters degree which doesn't have an expiration date. Now I'm going full throttle on certs that are relevant to my career.
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    Plan to get it in the current year and I turn 18 in April. Got my NA last Summer at 17. :D
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think I was 38 when I got the CCNA and 40 when I got the CCNP. You people make me feel old.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thinking about getting my NP at 35 or 36. Time will tell
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I'm 19 and I'm going to give myself the CCNP as a present for my twentieth birthday(or a little while after that, depends on how much time I have) :D And a hundred billion percent - CCNP Security before 21. If I wasn't dealing with so much programming, I probably could have done it faster since I love networking so much.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Geek1969Geek1969 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    NP will be at age 44....
    WIP:
    ROUTE
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    I was 25.
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCNA at age 26. I am 27 now and hope to knock out CCNA Security within next couple months.
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    34 for me. Spent a year and a half getting it - although I'm married with two small children so study time was difficult to come by. If I had been wise enough to get it back in my 20's instead of barhopping, I might be an IE now instead of just starting to study for the written....but such is life icon_smile.gif
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    vinbuck wrote: »
    34 for me. Spent a year and a half getting it - although I'm married with two small children so study time was difficult to come by. If I had been wise enough to get it back in my 20's instead of barhopping, I might be an IE now instead of just starting to study for the written....but such is life icon_smile.gif
    The same thoughts. icon_sad.gif
    If I started to go further after my 1st CCNA in 2008 I could also be a CCIE now.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    Got my CCNA at 23, CCNP and CCIP at 26, am 27 now :)
  • HackedAliasHackedAlias Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got my NP the month before I turned 22.
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    CCNA aged 21, studying CCNP route currnetly and hoping to be CCNP certified age 22/23 :) .. Is that young lol?
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm 31 now and hope to have it by 32. I had originally intended to continue on [after finishing Semester 4 of CCNA] to the CCNP courses in College (I was 19 at the time), but graduated before I could take the courses as each course was only offered once a year.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    24. I think I was at the CCNP level when I was 22 though. It's hard to predict when ill be getting my next cert. Half of the engineers at work don't believe in certs. The other half are CCIE's.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Got my CCNA when I was 25, and again not long ago at 28, plan on obtaining the CCNP right around the 29th B-Day depending on how much time I need to invest in training for the new VoIP position I'm starting Monday.
  • broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would love to get it but at this stage in career (24 years old) I don't think I'll be in a position to use the knowledge. Currently transitioning to more of an IA role so my networking days maybe behind me.
  • darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□

I want my CCIE by 24.
    :twisted: