Ugh. This material is awful.

nkillgorenkillgore Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
It feels like I'm reading an exam study guide put together by the marketing department.

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can only assume you are talking about the CCDA. Yeah, its pretty bad. Def not one of cisco's finest hours.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • nkillgorenkillgore Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yep. ccda. I forgot this was the da/dp forum.

Edit: On a positive note, CBTNuggets just released their new CCDA videos a day or two ago. Anthony S. makes the material about as interesting as it can get; however, I don't think the videos go into as much detail as is needed to pass the exam.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nkillgore wrote: »
    yep. ccda. I forgot this was the da/dp forum.

Edit: On a positive note, CBTNuggets just released their new CCDA videos a day or two ago. Anthony S. makes the material about as interesting as it can get; however, I don't think the videos go into as much detail as is needed to pass the exam.

I would just recommend completing the DA asap and moving onto the ARCH exam. The material is way more interesting
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • nkillgorenkillgore Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nel wrote: »
    I would just recommend completing the DA asap and moving onto the ARCH exam. The material is way more interesting

It's scheduled for 2 weeks from now... we'll see how it goes.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Yea it's a design test from Cisco for Cisco by Cisco icon_smile.gif

DP/ARCH is better but still.

Try and focus on the concept of the design of it all and now the Cisconess of it
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    It's definitely no the most digestible material out there. I'd rather eat mealworms. CCDP/ARCH is much more interesting. If you bear with it and survive, it will be worth it. Plus, the material in it of itself will make you a much better network engineer. Keep pushing!

BTW, anything by Anthony Sequeira comes highly recommended in terms of enjoyability. Barker, Sequeira, and Cioara are the top Cisco instructors in the CBT world in my book.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    +1 for Barker, Sequeira, and Cioara !

I would not know half the things I do without the work those guys have done!
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • rtrefzrtrefz Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, It was a painful book to read, especially with all of the marketing speak.