Options

What's the difference between the ICND & Intro book?

kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just brought both books by ciscopress the Intro and ICND and I noticed that some info are identical like the Subnetting chapter and the CIDR I'm sure there are other parts of the book that are identical as well. Just wondering why since I brought the certification library last week to supplement my studies and I was hoping to get different explanations on the same topic. Sorry I'm sure this question has been asked a zillion times. icon_redface.gif

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    The difference is pretty much everything except the subnetting chapter. Its such an important topic that they hit you with it twice, and its a good idea to go through it again. ICND books takes topics a bit deeper. Much more configuration of the technology as well.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    thanks. I just noticed that the NAT topic is covered more in detail than the intro book.
  • Options
    mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    It seems weird, but when I read through the INTRO, I pick up the ICND book and read the corresponding chapter. It seems like you have to read both books at the same time to get all the content, not one then the other.
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • Options
    ciscogeraldciscogerald Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I read somewhere that that is what's recommended. There's even a chapter outline where you read like ch 1-3 intro then chap 1 in icnd. It's to suppliment and solidify the knowledge.
  • Options
    The intro really breaks down the basics which i figure out after reading the first few chapters but at this point i'll probably just scan over the foundation topic and move ahead to ICND book since I already read Todd Lammle's book abour 5 times. If you are new to all this the intro is a good start or lammle's book. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    Thats exactly how I aim for studying my CCNP
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
  • Options
    my lammle book is falling apart looks like the dead sea scroll. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    darkmagicdarkmagic Member Posts: 127
    kadshah wrote:
    I already read Todd Lammle's book abour 5 times.

And i though i was the only one feeling uncomfortable even after reading the Lammle book thrice.
    321hahaha.jpg