Wow what a buzz

neolight90neolight90 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the information on this site, its really keeping me going. I have to say I am excited to be studying this as I am really enjoying it which is new which means it is making remembering things like the OSI model so much easier.

Is it normal to be this excited about studying lol
Goals 2013: CCNET [ ] CCNA [ ] CCNP [ ]

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It really does help in the process when you love what you do.

Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you here. Feel free to share your stories/mishaps/adventures/insights with us as you go. And yes, it's perfectly natural to be excited about this stuff, most of us were when we first dug into the cert-world. . . and some of us still are. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is it normal to be excited about studying?

Yes!

But it takes focus and drive to keep that excitement rolling. Keep up the good work work.
  • nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    neolight90 wrote: »
    Is it normal to be this excited about studying lol

Just a quick warning, it can be like a drug, in the early days, you are excited to see EIGRP converge, then to see successful route redistribution, then VRF's with MPLS, and the next thing you know you are up until 3 in the morning doing troubleshooting labs and being slightly disappointed that you solved it so "quickly".
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you truly are excited by technology and you develop a passion for it, it can carry you far. I have been in IT for over 25 years. While I no longer do any handson work, I still love tinkering in my lab and I enjoy the process of discovery and learning.
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Being excited about it is only a plus :)
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • pamccabepamccabe Member Posts: 315 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you are excited about studying about the material, then you know you found the right field for you. That is how I know anyway. I actually love studying everything network related. I love subnetting. Still working at it but don't mind sitting up for hours with a sheet of paper doing binary. My wife looks at it and doesn't see the appeal. I work very hard to get faster at subnetting and every night I am competing against myself. I've never been like this with any other material I've had to study.