Options

Need Motivation!!!

jus_kabirjus_kabir Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I just joined this forum because i could do with some help and motivation. I graduated from uni over a year ago and am still working in a supermarket!! I recently had an interview with an IT support firm that offered me a position, if I pass the required exams. Well i have just over a month to finish with the prep material they provided with, but after taking a practice assessment, I don't feel confident in passing. It's just that i REALLY HATE exams, and thought i was done with them as soon i was handed my degree. The thing is I'm more than capable in the role they are offering me, but these exams might be too big a hurdle. Worst thing is the exams aren't cheap. I forked out £100 per exam. If i do fail, I don't know how i'll be able to pay for retakes.

Sorry if this post annoys anyone, but am just a bit frustrated. Has anyone gone through the same thing? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

btw the exams i'm taking are:
70-680
70-640
70-642
70-643
70-647

Comments

• Options
    darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Exams make or break the deal when a copy of you experience, intelligence and passion wise show up. They set you apart and show you are a learner. They are worth it.

You are sacrificing your day today, but it's for something important.
    :twisted:
  • Options
    olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    knowing that my getting a raise, promotion, or improving myself depends on how hard I want them motivates me.

i feel guilty if a day passes and i didnt do something that will make me better in the future.
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    They are expecting you to pass MCITP:EA (the exams you listed) with only one month prep? I would be highly suspicious that the "prep material" they gave you is from a known cert **** site, no offense.

The exams you listed are not entry level, and considering you don't have any experience as you say you are one year out of college and have never held an IT position, my advice would be to RUN AWAY from that company and destroy the prep material they gave you. You will gain nothing by dumping an exam and will only hurt yourself in the long run.

I know this isn't the advice you are looking for, but considering the information you gave us, this is what I think is going on.

Now, on the opposite side of things, studying for and passing exams properly will (typically) help to further your career and are well worth the minimal investment.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    charlemagnecharlemagne Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did anyone take time and note that he paid in "pounds?" Ummm, different currency means different country and different economic conditions and mentality and one should take this into consideration before giving advice in great detail. Not everyone here is in the US. What is good advice in the US might not be the same in, say, England or the UK, in general.

Just an observation.