Options

General Questions on Cisco Exams

Call me too lazy to do some research, but I prefer straight answers ;)

In January, I'll be starting the Cisco program at school. I'd love to be taking the classes before then, but since it's a lockstep program, I have to wait until the new cycle begins before I can start. I have every intention of picking up my CCNA and following it up with a CCNP.

My questions are thus - Is the CCNA and CCNP one exam, or a conglomeration of exams like the Microsoft certifications? I've also heard that portions of the cisco exams are hands on rather than just a straight multiple choice format. Is that so?
= Marcus Drakonblayde
================
CCNP-O-Meter:
=[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
=CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You can't afford to be lazy when you want to pursue Cisco certifications ;)

icon_arrow.gifwww.cisco.com/go/ccna

icon_arrow.gifwww.cisco.com/go/ccnp

CCNA used to be one exam (640-607), and still is, and will be(640-801), but... now there's the option of taking two exam two become CCNA. My guess is you can take the 1 exam, because you're Network+ certified.

Read these for more info about exam options:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1052
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1068

Cisco exams contain 1 or more simulators, it's actually the more easier part of the exam if you really prepare for it. Check out a demo here.

CCNP requires CCNA, and exists of 4 different exams, routing, switching, remote access and troubleshooting, you need to pass them all to become CCNP.

Here are 'a couple' of other Cisco certs to choose from.

Good luck!
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    You can't afford to be lazy when you want to pursue Cisco certifications

Touche ;)

Hrm, ok, so simulations. Cool, I like hands on stuff.

Ugh, just saw the recertification stuff. I was told that if you went up to CCNP, you didn't have to recertify on CCNA anymore. No one bothered to tell me you had to recertify on the CCNP.

Hrm, I guess that's why the Cisco certs are considered such a high standard. If they make you recertify, means you have to stay current with the technology. I like the premise, but boy does my bank account not like the idea hehe
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=