Options

which 1900 switch??

elcaminoguyelcaminoguy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Got a question. Does the Catalyst 1900 WS-C1912-A switc support Vlans?
or is it just for the Catalyst 1900 WS-C1912-EN switches with the enterprise software. Everything I have found seems to be intentionally vague on this.

thanks in advance for any help. Especially any of you who have these models in your lab.

:)
..........If this had been an actual emergency the attention signal you've just heard.................would have been too late

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi,

Got a question. Does the Catalyst 1900 WS-C1912-A switc support Vlans?
    or is it just for the Catalyst 1900 WS-C1912-EN switches with the enterprise software. Everything I have found seems to be intentionally vague on this.

thanks in advance for any help. Especially any of you who have these models in your lab.

:)
    No and yes. I.o.w. you need to get at least the EN series if you are going to get a 1900. The others don't support VLANs and still run on CatOS. A 1900 is better than nothing but if you can afford it go for a 29xx.
  • Options
    elcaminoguyelcaminoguy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    THat's kind of what I thought. Typical Cisco marketing to mix two different model's features up in one document. I wish I could afford a couple of 2950's or even a 2900XL but no budget for that. I know the VLAN configuration is a bit different as well between the two and the 2950 is more relevant to the exam. I just wanted to have something more real than the simulations you get from the BOSON simulator. Be nice to route between Vlans too.

Not wild about 10base T switches eitther. Pretty much useless for anything these days. Be pretty useless after the exam but budget will always dictate. I have access to 3 48 port 2950G switches but they're in production and I can't really take them down for a few hours just for study. About all I can do is check status on STP.

thx
    :D
    ..........If this had been an actual emergency the attention signal you've just heard.................would have been too late