Options

70-640 Help and Question

hooky13hooky13 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello guys! Been awhile since I have been on here but wanted to ask. I have been studying for quite some time now for my 70-640 MCTS cert. Just finishing up the Microsoft Press Exam Prep book doing more labs and practice exams. I have worked in the field as a Systems Admin for about 3 years now and do a lot of this stuff on a day to day basis, I would say all but the Certificates topic. My main question is isnt microsoft changing the MCTS to where you will no longer get a cert each time you pass one of the MCTS exams. ie. 70-640, 70-642...etc. I really like that because its kind of like a kudos after each one as you are working your way up to the big cert. Does anyone know the exact date when this will take place and if it is still happening? The last I had heard was sometime in April of this year? Not sure just wondering.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!!

Kyle

Comments

• Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    You still get the certification - they just don't mail you an actual copy of the certificate like they used to. They only do that for your first one and from that point forward you have to pay like $15 for them to mail you a copy of the certificate.

As for the MCTS you are right, they are changing that path from MCITP EA and SA to MCSA and MCSE. Not the same MCSA and MCSE that there was back in the early 2000's, it's associate and expert now. If you planned on going for your MCITP: EA save the money and time, the 70-647 and 70-643 are retired this summer (I think July). So you can't take those after that time.

Not sure if you've looked much into it - but i would suggest going from your MCSA first which is 70-640, 70-642 and 70-646.