Options

Missed it again 640-801

derek111cderek111c Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
This is my second time
First try I got an 812

This time I got an 818
I felt much better this time. I seemed to do a better job managing my time, but it was still an issue for me. I think what may have cost me the test was I skipped the simulation question. I got it right on the first test(OSPF). This time It asked me to configure a switch for a certain scenario. I could not remember any of the switch commands and I was running out of time. (interface vlan 1, I know easy) I think I overlooked this area, because I was trying to make sure I knew how to configure all the other areas like NAT, PAT, Access-lists, routing protocols. I also ran out of time before getting to answer the last question. I am more of an installer than the IT behind the terminals so I don't get much hands on. I just study the books. This is a bit of a disappointment because I spent quite a bit of time studying this stuff. I tell you what I was really hoping to get this out of the way because I have other classes soon and don't want to juggle those plus studying for this test, but I will take it again real soon.
Good luck to everyone
Derek

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Sorry to hear that Derek.

Do you have a router/switch simulator to practice with? Remembering the commands from a book without hands-on is not an easy task, plus you'll more likely forget them in the long run after the test.
    I think what may have cost me the test was I skipped the simulation question.
    Very likely. Skipping a sim is a big no no as they weight more in the final scoring than regular questions.

You'll probably get several questions on your third attempt that you've already seen on your first and second exam, which should save you some time, but still read carefully as they often throw in question that are very similar, but not exactly the same.

Good luck on your next try!