Ccde

powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
Is anybody here going for their CCDE?

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Not yet. I have a friend tackling this one now.

I'll be in the CCDE classes during Cisco Live icon_smile.gif

I did a lot of design when I was a consultant but probably no where the near the amount needed for the DE.

I've heard rumors its very Service Provider based.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    Yeah, most of my prep has been SP stuff. I'm starting to feel like I'll only need a couple weeks to attempt the CCIE SP if I pass my DE.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I have toyed with the idea of pursuing the CCDE after finishing the CCIE SP track. I figure having CCIE R&S and CCIE SP behind me may make for a great path to CCDE.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Nice, you have a good 5 year plan there man! (probably more like 2-3 years but you know what I mean icon_smile.gif )
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • powmiapowmia Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 322
    Definitely a good plan. I've been working on the DE for a while now. I've pretty much come to the realization that the only difference between getting another IE with the SP track then going for the CCDE, and just going straight for the CCDE... is that the former would have landed me with two more certs, instead of one. I'm also a firm believer that you can't be a good designer if you dont understand how it's put together, so it only makes sense to get the CCIE tracks that make up the bulk of the design topics. Oh well, If I pass my practical this summer, I'll try for the SP shortly after.
  • thadizzythadizzy Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A friend is doing this very same thing. He passed his CCIE SP lab a few months ago with the ultimate goal of passing CCDE.