Options

how did you land your first entry level job (specifically with no certs or just a+)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Corrsta wrote: »
    Similar to Kinet1c, I started my own business. Started with basic web design and development, and I've just expanded to providing basic desktop / network support for small businesses. I'm hoping it grows to the point where I can manage it full-time and finally start living the American Dream.

The reason I shut it down was down to sales/marketing taking over more of my time then the tech/engineering side of it. I love the tech but all the other fluff, not so much.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • Options
    CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Foot in the door was a part time job doing repairs in a PC shop. Worked there at weekends while at college, and full time for about 3 weeks. During this time I was taken on as a temp employee for a bank. That temp 8 week contract ended up being 10 months, and eventually a full time job. That company fell down because of the recession, so started looking to get out. 25 months later ended up at my present job which has rejuvenated my entire life. Have learnt more in 6 months there than the last 3 years at my last job. I'm volunteering for everything I can, and have done out of hours work with the other teams. Just have to see how far I can ride this train.