Options

Cisco Exam changes??

Samo3411Samo3411 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
On cisco website it state that the icnd 1 and icnd 2 will change from the 30 Sep I will finish my icnd 1 in few weeks and pass my exam but should I than study the current icnd 2 or the new version and do u still get the ccna ??

Comments

• Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    You study the current ICND2 if you plan to take the exam before Sept. 30., if not then you study the new ICND2. Also, note that if you take the old ICND1 in combination with the new ICND2, to achieve CCNA, there will be a knowledge gap that may affect your performance on the new ICND2; therefore, if you think you can complete the current ICND2 before Sept. 30, I highly urge you to do so.
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    If you want to get the Routing and Switching CCNA then you take the old ICND2 until the 20th as Xyro said. If you want to take the CCNA Security (and skip the R&S) then you pass the CCENT and jump right into the 640-554 exam to get the CCNA for Security with the new path.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    d6bmgd6bmg Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Xyro wrote: »
    You study the current ICND2 if you plan to take the exam before Sept. 30., if not then you study the new ICND2. Also, note that if you take the old ICND1 in combination with the new ICND2, to achieve CCNA, there will be a knowledge gap that may affect your performance on the new ICND2; therefore, if you think you can complete the current ICND2 before Sept. 30, I highly urge you to do so.

Nicely explained.
    @OP: Your option. ;)
    If you can complete the study for ICND2 before Sept, then go for older ICND2, It will help you to maintain continuity of your knowledge.
    [ ]CCDA; [ ] CCNA Security