Options

GCIH to take

coercoer Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello I'm new here. In the nexts weeks I'll course the GCIH SANS 504 but I want to ask here recommendations and materials like books or other things to add to my study added to SANS material.
Another question you consider the NETWARS are necessary to pass the exam? Because SANS is offering with an extra fee. I see interesting but I don't know if it is useful to the beginning or just to active and very experienced users.
Thank you and Greetings to all.

Comments

• Options
    azmattazmatt Member Posts: 114
    I had no materials other than my course books and index and got a 94. I wouldnt worry about other books, just index the heck out of the books that came with the class. There is a post on my blog where i show some pics of my index and talk about how i made it.

Netwars is a blast but far from a requirement. When they have it at live events you can play for free as long as you're in a 5 or 6 day class there so that would save you quite a bit of money.

good luck!!!!
  • Options
    docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    NetWars is not necessary. As azmatt mentioned, if you're at a SANS conference and it's offered there, you can do NetWars for free (assuming you've signed up for a long course such as 504). It's a nice augmentation to the experience, but definitely not a prerequisite at all. I did 504 via OnDemand and studied strictly from the online materials and courseware. That's all I needed to pass the GCIH exam.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • Options
    Excellent good to know to save some bucks for now maybe in a future play at NETWEAR in other certification.
    Azmatt: I see you passed the course in excellent grade; you have a prior certification before take 504? Of course I'll see your blog.
  • Options
    I had never taken anything like the 504 which is why is studied so hard for it. It's very doable.
  • Options
    Thank you for your guidance I passed the exam; the technique of use the index is amazing.
  • Options
    Congrats coer! Well done!!
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congratulations on the pass! Mines scheduled for the next month!
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    Good luck chanakyajupudi just make the index like azmatt say, include everything commands, ports,etc. and all will be fine, maybe is a some work but during the exam help a lot that!
  • Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    azmatt wrote: »
    I had no materials other than my course books and index and got a 94. I wouldnt worry about other books, just index the heck out of the books that came with the class. There is a post on my blog where i show some pics of my index and talk about how i made it.

Netwars is a blast but far from a requirement. When they have it at live events you can play for free as long as you're in a 5 or 6 day class there so that would save you quite a bit of money.

good luck!!!!

whats the link to your blog?